Friday, May 30, 2008

Potty Training


Sorry I haven't written much lately, but it's been a pretty stressful week of potty training. I began trying to potty train Alia on Tuesday, and it started out well. By the end of the day she understood that I wanted her to go on the potty, which seemed pretty good to me. Wednesday was OK, but we didn't make any progress. Then on Thursday things got ugly, and Alia refused to even sit on the potty. I didn't understand why she was so upset, because I had done everything I could to have a positive attitude towards the potty and not have a negative attitude when she didn't make it to the potty. Then today, Friday, it was as if a miracle happened (thanks for your prayers) and suddenly Alia loved the potty and knew what it was for. She went on the potty every time today, except when we were at the doctor's office, because she hasn't learned to use the big toilet yet. Now she wears her undies around the house, but pull-ups when we go out. Yeah! I'm so proud of her! But I sure don't want to have to do this all again with child number two. I hope tomorrow goes as well as today.

1 comment:

groovinmama said...

Way to go, Jessica! (Um, and Alia, too.) But we all know it's the moms who make PT happen. Yippee!