Thursday, February 4, 2010

Reflections
















I think of this blog mainly as a space for me to record memories about Alia and Grant so I won't forget all the cute and wonderful things they do. For some reason, I have always had the desire to write things down about my life, as evidenced by the 9 diaries I have from my pre-college days. So here's what I want to remember about Alia and Grant right now. The way Grant wraps his arm around me when I'm carrying him and squeezes so tightly, and the fact that he'll cuddle up in my arms and lay contentedly while I rock him, a thing which Alia never did. Alia has just now become more cuddly, and she crawls in to bed with me in the early morning after Marc has left for his run and usually wants to actually sleep on top of me. The way Alia and Grant both love books. Each time I finish reading Grant a book, he runs to the bookshelf to get a new one, gives it to me and then crawls onto my lap. Alia will listen to a book and then take it herself and read it back to me, following the story line but improvising a bit. It's always revealing to learn what parts of the story she really picked up on and can repeat. Alia will make up stories about anything, for that matter. This morning at breakfast she was having her princess themed juice glass talking to Grant's car themed juice glass. The way she calls chocolate covered pomegranates chocolate underpants. And then there's some annoying things as well, like the fact that Grant is endlessly looking for dog food to eat and pitches a fit every time I try to get him in his car seat, and the way Alia melts down at 6 and will never sit at the table and eat her dinner calmly.

Slide show attached to Grant's pic.

No comments: