Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yo Gabba Grant


Grant is obsessed with the Nick show Yo Gabba Gabba right now. It's so funny how kids get these childhood obsessions one day and are done with them the next. For Grant, it all started with the plastic character dolls that we got for Alia when she used to watch the show. Now we have plenty of little plastic things roaming around this house: Fisher price Little People, Cars, the Dora figurines that Alia plays with, etc... But Grant found the five Gabba characters and started to want to bring them everywhere. He sleeps with them. They watch him eat. He tries to hold as many of them as he can at once. Since he liked the characters so much without even having seen the show, I decided to put the show on for him. He was in heaven.

The other day we were in Barnes and Noble, and there was only one Gabba Gabba book which was pretty flimsy. I didn't really want Grant to play with it because I didn't want him to tear the pages, so I tried to distract him with sturdier books. No success. When I put the book up on a high rack so he couldn't reach it, he began screaming at the top of his lungs and attempted to scale the rack. It was so bad we had to leave.

No comments: