Saturday, July 10, 2010

Alia's Fourth (of July) Party


We decided to have Alia's party at our house this year, something I'm not sure we'll ever do again because our house felt very, very small. I had a blast, though, and I'm glad the rain held off for the hours of our party so people could congregate outside. I had to do a princess theme for Alia, because despite my reservations about princesses in general, Alia just loves them. Out of the 100s of cakes in HEB's cake book, I think she picked out the most expensive cake--a castle cake with Disney princesses, so I decided to see if I could make one myself. It turns out they sell all the cake kits used by HEB at the All in One Bake Shop here in Austin, so I was able to make it following the very clear instructions that came with the cake kit. Alia was crazy for her cake. Definitely worth the time and suspension of my own tastes.

We got a pull pinata, too, which Alia and the kids really enjoyed. The pinata didn't break until the last string was pulled. Are all pull pinatas this way? I didn't get any pinata pictures, so I'm hoping some of my friends will send me some.

I am amazed at how well Alia's friends know her--she loved all of her gifts. She has moved on from the cute open a gift and want to play with it stage to the mad gift after gift after gift stage, unfortunately. Oh well. Definitely more time efficient.

No comments: