For dinner tonight, the kids helped me make pizza and ice cream sandwiches. The usual problem that I have cooking with the kids is that when there are a lot of ingredients to stir and mix and add, things can get crazy if I turn my back for a minute to get the next ingredient. I get baking powder out of the cabinet, and then there's salt all over the floor. So my new idea for having the kids help is to keep it to a few steps and ingredients. Tonight's dinner couldn't have been more simple...pizza and ice cream sandwiches. I had everything set out before we started cooking so the kids wouldn't eat the dough while I got the sauce out. The kids had a great time, and we enjoyed a yummy dinner. Bonus: I now have some dairy-free pizza frozen to take along for Grant to the next pizza birthday party we go to.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Kids in the Kitchen
For dinner tonight, the kids helped me make pizza and ice cream sandwiches. The usual problem that I have cooking with the kids is that when there are a lot of ingredients to stir and mix and add, things can get crazy if I turn my back for a minute to get the next ingredient. I get baking powder out of the cabinet, and then there's salt all over the floor. So my new idea for having the kids help is to keep it to a few steps and ingredients. Tonight's dinner couldn't have been more simple...pizza and ice cream sandwiches. I had everything set out before we started cooking so the kids wouldn't eat the dough while I got the sauce out. The kids had a great time, and we enjoyed a yummy dinner. Bonus: I now have some dairy-free pizza frozen to take along for Grant to the next pizza birthday party we go to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like it was a lot of fun and delicious! I will have to get brave and try it with the kids some day :)
Post a Comment