Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bluebonnets 2012

View album

A year has passed, and everything is official, so I think it's the time to write about the fact that Marc and I are now divorced.  Actually, the yearly bluebonnet post is as good a place as any to mention this because of what was happening at this time last year.  It was April 2011, and the whole divorce thing was already looming on the horizon, but Marc was still living at home.  So we got up for church on Sunday morning, put on our Sunday finest, and went to the Brushy Creek trail to shoot some pictures in the bluebonnets.  The bluebonnet display last year echoed the feelings between Marc and I at the time - sadly, there wasn't much there.  I truly knew it was over that morning, though, when, after I had shot pictures of Marc and the kids and he'd shot pictures of me and the kids, a nice man stopped and asked if we'd like him to take a picture of our family.  "No Thanks," Marc said.  

That day Marc moved out of the house, and he never moved back in.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Great pics! Where did you take them? Is this in Brushy Creek Park? I need to take my kids still.

Julie said...

I forgot how eloquent a writer you are... Praying for you, dear friend.

Jessica said...

Thank you, Julie. It was so nice catching up with you.

Jessica said...

Kathryn, we took them in my mom's backyard!