Sunday, May 14, 2017

2017 so far

We've been having a wonderful 2017. I feel bad that I don't write in the blog as much as I used to, but working and getting the kids to their activities takes up so much of my time. I also rarely take pictures with my DSLR anymore - it's usually my cell phone. Which unfortunately doesn't have that great of a camera. I'm wishing now I had paid more for the upgraded phone camera.

I love checking in on the kids each night. I go upstairs after they are asleep and make sure all the lights are off. They look so peaceful...and it makes me feel peaceful as well to know they are safe.

Another thing that makes me happy...when Grant and Alia are writing and reading. Grant especially has been quite the writer lately. He likes to make up books about his favorite Pokemon and Skylander characters getting in fights. Only about 50% of his writing is words though, the rest is intricate drawings of puzzles and games that his characters have to solve.


The kids were really enjoying playing by a drain by our house in the beginning part of the year. They would ride their bikes there and meet the neighbor hood kids, building bridges and playing with the rocks around the area. Unfortunately, a rattle snake was found in the field so we don't go there anymore!


We've been very busy...both kids did math pentathalon, Alia has done some Girl Start activities, Standing Ovations and basketball. Grant did basketball and soccer. Of course both kids are still playing the piano and we just found out Alia will play the flute next year in band! See all the photos from the first half our our year below.

No comments: