
The thing I'll never forget about Halloween this year: listening to "The Monster Mash" over and over and over again. Grant was obsessed. Every time we entered the car, he asked to hear the song. When the song was over, he asked to hear it again. Soon he was singing along, using his hilarious deep voice in imitation of the singer. At night when we tucked him in, we would have to sing the song for him, too, which is a little hard since there isn't much of a tune to it. Alia liked the song as well, and I remember she used to ask for it all the time last year, but she wasn't as obsessed with it as Grant this year.
This is possibly our last year for family themed costumes, since I don't know if I'll be able to talk the kids into it next year. We all dressed as Toy Story Characters: Alia was Jessie, Grant was Woody, I was Bo Peep, and Marc was Buzz Lightyear. Marc taught the kids to say character appropriate phrases, like "Yee-Haw", "Howdy Partner" and "There's a snake in my boots".
No comments:
Post a Comment