
I was looking forward to Thanksgiving day with a bit of dread. Our family had signed up for our third annual Turkey Trot, and the forecast was chilly, maybe even rainy. I don't like being cold, and I especially don't like being cold before a race when you can't properly bundle up due to the fact you'll have no where to put your warm gear once you start running. And I hate, hate, hate running in sweat pants. Memories of last year's (or was it 2 years ago?) freezing Turkey trot kept swirling unpleasantly in my mind. Fortunately for me, all my worry was for nothing. We had wonderful weather for the race, and the cold front didn't hit until the afternoon when we were already safely indoors enjoying our delicious, hot food. The Wolfe's came over to my mom's house to eat with us, and we are going to miss them so much when they move back to North Dakota. Cole is the most energetic 4 year old I know, and he and Alia create their own magic worlds when they're together. My mom has some spare fabric pieces out for playing with, and the two of them found so many creative ways to use them. Thanks for the awesome Thanksgiving dinner, mom. I think I said it last year, and I'll say it again--nothing beats a Thanksgiving dinner made by your own mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment