I've been horrible about keeping Grant's baby book updated. At some point I'm going to have to go back and fill in the missing pieces, and I'm planning on relying heavily on this blog when I do so. So here's my update on Grant's progress:
He's starting to say more and more things. He can say almost all of the parts of the face, for example. He still says things very unclearly, though. He always talks about the show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, for example, but only Marc and I would know what he was talking about because he's pointed at Mickey and said the same thing so many times. It sounds something like "Do-ald (for Donald, we think, not Mickey) Ub-Ouse (for clubhouse). He also recognizes colors well and says some of the names. He is obsessed with drawing and still loves music. He's a little less interested in balls then he used to be and more interested in figurines that he can hold, like the Gabba characters or really any little plastic figure. He even loves Alia's princess figurines. Of course, he's pretty interested in anything Alia is interested in.
He still likes to read all his old favorite books like "Food for Thought" and "Dog", but he also likes to read other books, like "Mr. Brown can Moo", "Hop on Pop" and "Barnyard Dance". His favorite foods are probably hot dogs, frozen treats (non-dairy) and rice. He takes one good two or three hour afternoon nap and usually falls asleep around 8:30, although we try to have him in bed at 8, and wakes up around 7 AM. He's not potty trained and he still sleeps in his crib. Unfortunately, he already knows how to throw tantrums and throws them with much more gusto than Alia ever did. He is usually set off when he wants something and he can't have it, and then he'll cry like his heart is truly breaking for longer than I thought was possible. When he's in his good moods, though, anything at all will make him laugh and smile his deep dimpled smile.
So there's Grant's life at 20 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment