Originally I was less then excited when Marc announced, after the birth of our second child, that he wanted to run a marathon in all 50 states. Although I do miss him when he travels to marathons on his own, I've had a great time when we travel together, and running a marathon has been a great excuse to visit friends and family. Last Thursday, we left Austin, flew to Minneapolis and then drove to Duluth so Marc could run Grandma's Marathon. My Grandpa Vince and Grandma Sandy have lived there for 3 years, along with my uncle Jeremy and his family. Duluth has a strong character, and it suits my relatives well. The kids loved meeting everyone, and they were both especially captivated by Vince.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Minnesota Trip Part One: Duluth
Originally I was less then excited when Marc announced, after the birth of our second child, that he wanted to run a marathon in all 50 states. Although I do miss him when he travels to marathons on his own, I've had a great time when we travel together, and running a marathon has been a great excuse to visit friends and family. Last Thursday, we left Austin, flew to Minneapolis and then drove to Duluth so Marc could run Grandma's Marathon. My Grandpa Vince and Grandma Sandy have lived there for 3 years, along with my uncle Jeremy and his family. Duluth has a strong character, and it suits my relatives well. The kids loved meeting everyone, and they were both especially captivated by Vince.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment